Join an exceptional team of innovative thinkers who enjoy varied and rewarding work. Solving our client’s problems by working with their finance teams.
Are you a qualified accountant who craves variety in their workload and would like to work with a great team of like-minded individuals? Join the Hutcheon Mearns Specialist team to broaden your experience and skill set whilst maintaining a flexible work life balance.
Join a growing and progressive organisation founded in Scotland
Work on short to medium-term assignments aligned to your skills
Benefit from the wider team’s experience and knowledge when you come across something new
Work with clients and not on clients!
Use your brain to come up with innovative solutions for our clients need.
Become part of our great team
First Stage: Application
Fill in our online form and attach your CV. Then we will chat over the phone or meet in person, to find out more about your skills and experience.
Second Stage: Pre- Screen
A member of our team will call to undertake a full pre-screening check with you. This makes sure its the right move for you and us. Our team have a wealth of experience in looking out for the careers of accountants so you can trust that we will be honest and candid with our feedback
Third Stage: Job Offer
If you are successful, we will issue you with a welcome pack which includes a contract and useful information. During your first week we also give you a full induction lead by our Head of Specialists, Claire Clark CA.
Should I apply?
To apply you will be an ICAS, ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with industry and/or practice experience. You will also have great communication skills and get on well with people. If you have a specific skillset, such as love creating complicated financial models or enjoy the technical side of accounting then that’s great and we will always try and align the assignments you undertake to the work you like most.
We find the people who excel as being part of out Specialists team are those who love variety , problem solving and have a can-do-attitude.
We have different levels of experience for our Specialists Team so don’t worry about having too little or too many years under your belt.
An example of some recent Specialist projects are:
- Assisting with the preparation of Statutory Accounts to help a client out with a Backlog working with their team to deliver to a tight deadline
- Covering a role as Financial Manager to obtain a handover from the incumbent while our Resourcing team search for the Full-time employee. We might also get you involved in the pre screening
- Implementing process improvements and data delivery enhancement in a Plc to reduce the time it takes to under take
- Preparing Quarterly Board pack for a Private equity backed client to enhance their viability on business performance
- Helping a client to prepare and audit file and liaising with 3rd Party auditors for a consolidated Group of private backed companies
- Implementing IFRS16…………it’s not as straight forward as it sounds in some instance
If the above types of projects interest you then get in touch, we are a friendly team and we will always be discrete